Thank you for your interest in working with me on your next project! Please read the FAQs below regarding commission requests. Cheers!
1. How much will a project cost?
That depends on a number of factors including complexity, fabric, measurements, and materials.
To get an accurate quote, please send me the following:
- High quality reference images. Front and back images are required. If possible, detail and side images are greatly appreciated. If you need a sketch, I can work with you to create one.
- Your general size and height. Ladies, this means your average dress size at a department store. Men, this means your average pant and oxford shirt size. I don’t need exact measurements for a quote, but I do need to get an idea for the amount of fabric needed.
- Any requests for specific fabrics (fur, faux leather, silk, etc.).
2. What can I commission from you?
My strengths are in seamstressing. Some types of projects I specialize in include:
- Costume replicas
- Historical costumes
- Renaissance festival garb
- Ladies casual and formal attire
- Men’s formal wear and costumes
- Fabric/faux leather accessories
3. How do you decide which commission requests to take?
Currently, I am taking limited commissions for projects I feel I can execute with high quality and craftsmanship. Let’s chat and see!
4. Will you ship to __________?
At the moment I am only taking commissions from those that can meet in-person for fittings and consultations in the Washington, D.C metro area. Any person requesting a commission will be measured in person and your commission cost will include a final fitting.
5. How long will it take to complete my commission?
That depends on the complexity of the project. Most projects need a minimum of 2 months to complete, but this may vary based on the complexity. Typically it takes 8-14 business days to order materials for a commission; customers will receive a report every two weeks once materials arrive and construction begins.
6. Why should I pick you as my commissioner?
I approach each new project as a work of art that reflects the customer as much as the look portrayed. My goal is for all customers I work with to have a stress-free experience with me and to receive products they will love and cherish for years to come. Each commission includes:
- Detailed and exact measurements at the start of the project and a final fitting toward the conclusion.
- Use of high-quality fabrics and sewing techniques to extend the lifespan and enhance the appearance of the product.
- Photographic progress updates delivered via email every two weeks following project start.
- Personalized garment care instructions.
7. How can I contact you?
You will receive the fastest reply by messaging me through my Facebook page. Alternately, you can email me at jennifer at this domain.